Is there anything better than having breakfast completely planned out for the week? Not likely!
We've expressed before that when it comes to a healthy lifestyle and staying on track, preparing ahead of time is one of the best things you can do.
We love recommending batch cooking meals that are usually eaten on the go and in a rush like breakfast or lunch. And when you can get away with prepping just one big meal to eat throughout the week.. even better!
WHY WE LOVE PASTURE RAISED EGGS
Eggs are a breakfast food favorite for a reason. They're easy to prepare and when eaten in their whole form, they're a great source of healthy fat which helps to keep you full and satisfied.
We always recommend using pasture raised eggs rather than cage free, free range, etc. Why?
Pasture raised means that the hens were raised naturally, and humanely. They ate grass, bugs and what God intended. Free range/cage free, etc. chickens are still kept in lots and fed grain. Not only is it inhumane but it makes for unhealthy eggs! Pasture raised eggs are healthier, and even taste better!
You can find pasture raised eggs at the Farmers Market, Co-op, or even at some speciality grocery stores.
PALEO BREAKFAST FRITTATA RECIPE
- 1 dozen pasture raised eggs
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- Green onions for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Grease a glass baking dish with coconut oil, coating all sides.
- Add the zucchini, mushrooms, salt, pepper and eggs to the pan and whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Top with bacon and green onion, and enjoy!