The process of making tea is slow, and mindful, which is great for calming down either after or during a long day, and the warm tea is soothing and therapeutic to the body. Though the cool weather may not be here just yet, but there's still nothing like a hot cup of tea to help you relax, and in this case, soothe your digestion! And when it comes to health, it doesn't matter if you're dealing with autoimmune disease, chronic illness, or other... it all comes back to digestion!
Digestion is one of the most central pillars to our health. Why?
- 70-80% of our immune system is located in our gut. We need a healthy gut for a healthy immune system and to manage and heal autoimmunity.
- We assimilate nutrients by digesting them. Even if we eat the healthiest diet, we can still have nutrient deficiency issues if we have poor digestion.
- Our digestive tract is a common source of infection and inflammation.
We love this homemade tea because it's soothing to the stomach, it helps aid digestion, it calms inflammation, and it's homemade!
The ginger in this tea helps to support digestion which is crucial for health, while the turmeric can act as a natural anti-inflammtory agent.
This tea is great when dealing with a stomach ache, or any other acute pain brought on by inflammation, autoimmune disease, etc.
At Stewarding Life Wellness, we firmly believe that food is medicine, and this tea is just another example of that.
Digestive Supporting Ginger Turmeric Tea Recipe
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 8 oz of water
- On medium heat, warm the water in a small sauce pan, or use a tea kettle to heat the water.
- Add the fresh ginger, turmeric and lemon juice to a mug and pour the water over.
- Allow the tea to steep for 5-8 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the ginger pieces.
- Serve warm and enjoy!